Latest Forum Posts

INEC gov list: Litigation kicks 14 APC, PDP, LP candidates out - October 06, 2022
18 govs working for Obi, says Ohanaeze - October 06, 2022
Adamu, APC govs meet to adjust Tinubu’s campaign list - October 06, 2022
Lawan, Gbajabiamila, others to attend Abuja house fair - October 06, 2022
Customs intercept ammunitions, contrabands worth N600m - October 06, 2022
Ebola deadlier than COVID-19, heighten surveillance, warn virologists - October 06, 2022
Group Urges IOCs, FG to Restore Niger Delta Environment - October 06, 2022
Youths Chase Workers Away as Kogi Seals Dangote’s Obajana Cement Factory - October 06, 2022
Despite Pressure from World Powers, OPEC Announces 2m Barrels Production Cut - October 06, 2022
Governors Express Support for Budgetary Increase for Healthcare - October 06, 2022
Presidency: 2023 Budget Proposal May Be Adjusted Before Friday’s Presentation to N’Assembly - October 06, 2022
Geregu Makes History, Becomes First Power Company to List on Stock Exchange - October 06, 2022
Buhari: Nigerians Owe Our Military Debt of Gratitude as Remaining 23 Train Victims Are Freed - October 06, 2022
FEC considers 2023 budget estimates - October 05, 2022
Mbaka proceeds to monastery, urges followers to stop protest - October 05, 2022
I commend Joke Silva for supporting Tinubu – Omokri - October 05, 2022
Sanwo-Olu appoints pioneer VC of LASUSTECH - October 05, 2022
FCT Security: Army Guards Brigade, other security agencies flags off exercise Enduring Peace 2022 - October 05, 2022
Court orders forfeiture of convict’s three iPhones, three exotic cars to FG - October 05, 2022
Nnamani: Alleged $41.8m Judgement against Me Cheap Blackmail - October 05, 2022

Buy eBooks on Laprice.com.ng

Discover Your Personality Type in Less Than 15 Minutes
Those calling for unilateral removal of Ayu not fair to Atiku – Dele Momodu By Obayomi Abiola Benjamin On Thursday 22nd September 2022Politics & Governance 55

Free Online Video Downloader - Cordly

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Dele Momodu has said the party’s presidential flagbearer, Abubakar Atiku, cannot unilaterally remove the PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu.

Momodu made this known on Thursday during an interview on Arise Television.

The Guardian yesterday reported that a group of PDP members, led by the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, insisted that the party’s National Chairman must resign otherwise they vowed not to participate in the Atiku campaign committee during the 2023 elections.

Momodu reacting to this development said those calling on Atiku to unilaterally remove Ayu from his position as the party’s National Chairman were being unfair to the former Vice President.

“My own worry is that we seem to the putting so much pressure on Atiku Abubakar like he can unilaterally remove the chairman of the party,” Monodu said

“Even If he (Atiku) should do that, a lot of us will feel vilified. He cannot do it (remove Ayu) and all he can do is speak with Dr. Ayu and we don’t know what is going on between all of them.”

The PDP chieftain said; “I know nobody will want to be seen in that light. Like anytime Governor Wike says you must go, you must go. It is a psychological thing as well for the party. It doesn’t work that way.

“Some of these things we have discussed privately with some of our party members and we believe that nobody should attempt to make our candidate look so weak or like someone that just can be pushed around.

“I mean, can I go to Governor Wike’s state and just tell him to go and sack the state’s party chairman? He doesn’t have the power to do so. It can’t happen. So, that is my position,” he said

Momodu however added that Governor Wike and his camp have the right to leave the party adding that the decision to support another candidate will be political suicide.

“I want to publicly appeal to them again. If they decide to go, it’s within their rights. Nobody can stop any grown man from making a decision,” Momodu said.

“If their decision is to throw their support behind a candidate of another party, it is fine. But honestly, this my opinion, it will be political suicide. That’s the truth because they have so much at stake.”

[GuardianNg]

Please login to participate in this forum!
Re: Those calling for unilateral removal of Ayu not fair to Atiku – Dele Momodu By obisumib On Friday 23rd September 2022

http://slkjfdf.net/ - Ezuwuzude Ebcasao ddn.tilb.cordly.ng.xyk.iy http://slkjfdf.net/

My Accounts Our Services Useful Links Affiliate Links Follow Us
Cordly is an online social marketplace that enables the connection of producers and consumers of products, services and talents across the Nigeria and abroad!.

Lost Password
Sign In

Blog
Books
Biographies
Create Page
Marketplace
Study
Forum
Videos
Download Online Videos
Shorten Your URL